Antrim’s Complete sees many chimneys that have been improperly repaired at some time or have simply weathered and fail repel water. We use only the best products to assure you that your chimney is leak-free and in safe working condition and our work carries a warranty.
What are the signs of a leaky chimney?
– rusted or loose flashing
– cracked, loose, crumbling mortar joints
– Cracked bricks or stones
– failing silicone or sealant
Unfortunately, chimneys are at the very top of houses and are hard to inspect without a professional. If you are experiencing water damage from a leaky chimney, please call 1-800-363-0532 or contact us. We will be glad to take a look and make it watertight.
Waterproofing a Chimney
Your chimney may be leaking because of :
- an improper installation of flashing done by a roofer – which requires flashing to be re-installed at the roofline. Copper flashing is a preferred material for chimney flashing.
- crumbling stucco from age and weather – we provide expert stucco repair for chimneys that need a repair or a complete installation to cover masonry, stone, or bricks.
- crumbling mortar in-between bricks or stone chimneys – water can penetrate through crumbling mortar and create an unstable situation. A chimney should be water-tight and re-pointing a chimney if there are visible holes or bricks or stones that are beginning to show movement is the best way to prevent water from penetrating.
- Silicone and caulk around your flashing does not last forever! – these joints should be maintained regularly and provide a proper seal to the elements.